- French Prelim GDP q/q rose 0.3% in 3Q vs 0.1% expected
- German Prelim GDP q/q rose 0.1% in 3Q as expected
- Euro area Final CPI for November is 0.4% annual as expected
- Euro area Flash GDP rose 0.2% in 3Q vs 0.1% expected. 2Q results were revised to 0.1% from 0%
- US Core Retail Sales rose 0.3% in October. 0.2% expected
- Canada Manufacturing Sales up 2.1% in September. 1.3% expected
Euro area annual inflation was 0.4% in October 2014, up from 0.3% in September. A year earlier the rate was 0.7%. European Union annual inflation was 0.5% in October 2014, up from 0.4% in September. A year earlier the rate was 0.9%. These figures come from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
In October 2014, negative annual rates were observed in Greece (-1.8%), Bulgaria (-1.5%), Hungary and Poland(both -0.3%) and Spain (-0.2%). The highest annual rates were recorded in Romania (1.8%), Austria (1.4%) and Finland (1.2%). Compared with September 2014, annual inflation fell in eight Member States, remained stable in three and rose in sixteen.
Key market moving events today
Russian Central Bank targets 4% inflation
Half a year ago few people could have guessed that Euro will make it to $1.2400 so fast. We touched $1.2400 for the first time since August 2012.
Green line at 1.2400 has proven itself as a decent resistance so keep an eye on it. It is also wise to keep an eye on RSI, when closing above 50 downtrend is likely.